Monday, January 14, 2013

Akutagawa Internationals CEO Interview


Akutagawa International's CEO/Founder/ & Chairwoman


There are so many people that have questions for the CEO of Akutagawa International. I have decided to answer some of the peoples questions to give them a better sense of who I am as a professional and as a person.

Where were you born?

CEO: I was born on the island of Okinawa in Japan but was raised in Osaka, Hyogo, and Tokyo throughout my younger years and came to the U.S.A. when I was 15 years old.

You run Akutagawa International but also have another job. What is it?

CEO: My school training has involved business and international trade; however I have trained in medicine for about 7 years so I currently work and rotate between 3 hospitals in Emergency Medicine, Surgery, and Orthopedics. 

How often do you work in a week? 

CEO: I work about 24 hours per week in the hospital. I rotate through 3 hospitals an additinal 20 hours and run Akutagawa International. So if there are 7 days in a week between all of them I work about 20 hours within a day. Times 7 you guys do the math (lol)

During your free time what do you like to do?

CEO: I have many different skills and I like to do whatever comes to mind. I write so you can find some of my writing on Booksie.com, I also play piano and cello. I swim, ice skate, travel, go to the movies, dance, cook, and shop. I am like any other person actually. I was married once but not anymore. I also have a 14 year old daughter. I stay pretty busy but find ways to take care of all of my responsibilities. Some people call me super woman.

What's your favorite food to eat?

CEO: I love sushi and sashimi but I also enjoy a good old fashioned american hotdog from a stand in NYC. I am mixed South American and Japanese so I enjoy spanish and asian food. I am not really picky but I do have a weakness for chocolate and any food containing cheese.

If you could have any 1 wish what would it be?

CEO: I one wish would be for 3 more wishes haha, but if I could only have one I would choose for my daughter to always be happy.

Do you plan on having more children?

CEO: I do plan on future children. I would also like to adopt as well. I have a lot of love to give and want to share it with everyone I can.

Is there a special man in your life?

CEO: Maybe :)

What kind of music do you listen to?

CEO: Anything with a good beat to it.

Do you watch T.V.?

CEO: When I have the time yes. I tend to watch a lot of Japanese and Korean Dramas but enjoy any good show with action, medicine, melodrama. Something that will keep my attention seeing as I have the attention span of a flea. 

Favorite movie?

CEO: I would have to say "Frequency" 

What made you decide to develop Akutagawa International?

CEO: Akutagawa International was created on an idea from a friend of mine that had to much to drink at a party. He wished his firm could get all of their business services from one group. I looked at all of my friends in the room and between us we could offer just about all the business services a company could wish for and we speak 15 languages between us. That was the birth of Akutagawa International. I decided to cut the cost of services because budgets in 2013 are tighter. We all have regular jobs and work together to bring the best quality services to our clients at half the price agencies would charge.

These are just a few of the questions I am asked and figured I would answer. I must admit I love the people.



No comments:

Post a Comment